Saturday 22 December 2007

Purple Garden Flowers - Purple Sunday

Purple Garden Flowers
purple flowers - purple sunday - purple garden flowers with green grass and green leaves in background color (or colour)
Here we are at the last
Purple Sunday in Advent. It's now only two days until Christmas, and the celebrations are already beginning. These next few days are an exciting time, especially for children, and we reach a culmination point on Christmas day, when gifts are exchanged and presents unwrapped, and everyone can feel the joy of the season. Although we don't get to see Santa riding through the snow here in Australia, we do get to enjoy all the colours and life of Summer in full bloom.

The flowers in this picture are a garden variety grown in the Spring to add a bit of colour to the area. Right now they are flowering profusely, probably helped by the recent rain, allowing me to capture this shot of a group of them growing together. As always, I would greatly appreciate it if anyone can identify the flowers, as I bought these in a "colour mix" packet of seeds and therfore don't know what they're called.

And now, I would like to set a question to you:
What would you like to see a photo of on this blog for Christmas?
Keep in mind that it's Summer here, so I'm not going to be able to get and winter-like shots, but send in your suggestions and I'll try to get a photo as a Christmas present for you all!

This photo taken with the Fujifilm S9600 digital camera.
Shutter speed: 1/340, F5.7, ISO 100

10 comments:

  1. Sweet of you david! The love and the sense of sharing seen in your pictures is the best gift!
    so whatever you love, lets have it shared here and that would be indeed a best gift to me too...
    love...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The inside of a church decorated for Christmas would be lovely to see.

    Merry Christmas!

    Hugs, JJ

    ReplyDelete
  3. David,

    I'd like to see what an Australian Christmas tree looks like! Do you decorate Christmas trees in your house like we do here in the U.S.?

    Tom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi David, what a lovely photo of the flowers. I really like this one, but then I have to tell you everytime I go to see others on your blog - each has its own beauty within that you just cannot compare.

    I struggle with your question, but then thanks to Tom, I would like to see the Austrilian Christmas tree too, lol.

    And not sure how it all turns out during Christmas, that is spending most of my time with family, I would like to take this opportunity to wish you and your family all the best, a very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year 2008. Your comments and visits are always and always appreciated. May your blog bloom in the new year as your beautiful flowers on your photos. Anna :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi merging point,

    Thank you very much for your message. I think love is perhaps the greatest thing in existence, so a picture that someone loves could be the best gift as you say! I'll have to think about my favourite picture....

    Cheers,

    David

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi JJ,

    I'll try and get a photo of the inside of our church this Christmas. All the decorations should look very nice, especially at night.

    Merry Christmas to you too!

    Cheers,

    David

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Tom,

    This is a great suggestion. We certainly do decorate the trees in our homes here in Australia, but the trees are usually plastic, as fir trees don't grow so well in Summer!

    Merry Christmas!

    David

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Anna,

    Thank you so much for your well-wishes. Your blog and photography is also very good, so the compliments can apply to you too!

    I'll probably be spending most of my time with the family as well, so I wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. See you soon in 2008!

    Cheers,

    David

    ReplyDelete
  9. hey david

    sweet site great skills this will take you a long way in life.make sure you keep this up!

    from sharyn and kirsten

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi sharyn and kirsten,

    Thanks for dropping round! I certainly aim to continue the site and photography in the future too.

    Hope the Teahouse is going well, and have a Happy New Year!

    David

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. I will try to reply to every comment, so if you want to view the response you can come back to this post later. If you have a blogger account, you can also tick the "Email follow-up comments to....." box to have the reply emailed to you.

Related Posts